The Physiological Society of Japan is providing financial support to aid any authors who require assistance with the article-processing charge (APC). Authors will be charged a discounted APC of 943 USD for articles accepted for publication if he/she requests. Please request the discounted APC during the submission process by entering the membership account number "RA-PSJP-JPSC-0919" on the Publication Charge pages. If you need any more help with this process, please see this guide on how to apply for funding support.
Important: Funding Support
The Journal of Physiological Sciences publishes peer-reviewed original papers, reviews, short communications, technical notes, and letters to the editor, based on the principles and theories of modern physiology and addressed to the international scientific community. All fields of physiology are covered, encompassing molecular, cellular and systems physiology. The emphasis is on human and vertebrate physiology, but comparative papers are also considered. The process of obtaining results must be ethically sound.
- Adaptation and environment
- Autonomic nervous function
- Cell sensors and signaling
- Central nervous system and brain sciences
- Endocrinology and metabolism
- Excitable membranes and neural cell physiology
- Exercise physiology
- Gastrointestinal and kidney physiology
- Heart and circulatory physiology
- Molecular and cellular physiology
- Muscle physiology
- Physiome/systems biology
- Respiration physiology